Topic 5: Reporting

How to Contact a Child Welfare Worker

If you think a child is being abused or neglected, you have the legal duty to report your concern to your local child welfare worker.

You can call a child welfare worker at either your local Ministry of Children and Family Development office or your local Delegated Aboriginal Child and Family Services Agency. See the contact information under the Welcome menu to find the numbers you need.

If it is after hours or you are not sure who to call, phone the Helpline for Children at 310-1234 at any time of the day or night. The Helpline call is free. You do not need an area code and you do not have to give your name. The person who answers will make sure your concerns are directed to the right place.

If the child is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1 or your local police.